Jul 3, 2011

Samsung MD230X6

So if you have read my past posts here, you have probably surmised that I have a thing for monitors. The goal has always been to have a large display canvas. Recently I bumped into the Samsung MD230X6.
 It is first and foremost very expensive. To build a 6 screen setup of yourself would cost about half of what this costs. The advantages to this setup are that the screens and stand are towards the one goal of a 6 screen setup. Cable management is a little easier because of this design goal. Also all the screens are powered through one wall plug.
 There is also a remote which allows you to control the screens remotely and access their OSC this way as well.
 Because of the extremely small amount of bezel on each of the 23" screens there a very large seamless image provided.
This would lend itself very well to programming and graphics.

Now the I just need to figure out how to incorporate this with my current rig. I'm thinking of dropping the 285 and putting in a Radeon 6990 in tandium with the 580. Of course it might be better to just sell the 580 and get 2 6990s.

Either way it's a lot of money and as such it will require a lot of research. In the meantime my 3 screens will have to do. ;)

-Matt-Fu

No comments:

Post a Comment